Worms W.M.D features a fresh, brand new look 2D cartoon-inspired worm as well as gorgeous hand drawn landscapes. For the first time ever players will be able to use exciting new vehicles and even enter buildings which will add new strategic elements of gameplay to the traditional wormy warfare.
It’s the 21st anniversary of Worms, and Team17 is celebrating it by launching the best version of the game yet! Worms WMD has a new look and new features; delivered by an engine that recreates classic Worms physics and gameplay. Be sneaky and hide out in buildings, use mounted guns, and get around in a range of different vehicles. Take the fight online and compete in multiplayer matches, all with the essential feel of the classic Worms experience.
- Day one edition "All Stars’ edition" This pack will contain exclusive content including Worms based on characters from ‘Rocket League, PayDay2 and Saints Row 4’ amongst others.
- Wonderfully 2D: The best implementation of the Worms formula, now with a brand new worm and lovingly hand crafted 2D artwork.
- Classic Gameplay, Back by Popular Demand: We hear you! Worms W.M.D sees the reintroduction of the much loved ‘classic’ Ninja Rope, and we’ve recreated some of the key physics and gameplay that made the previous games so popular!
- Buildings: Keep your head down, and hide out in a building. Buildings provide a tactical advantage by hiding away your worms, and keeping them safe from direct attacks!
- Tanks: Drive around the landscape in warfare-ready Tanks. These conflict-hungry vehicles can help you get around faster, protect your worms, and provide extra fire power!
- Helicopters: Take to the skies and perfect your aerial assault skills as you unleash rapid-fire chaos on your enemies below! Pilot safety not guaranteed.
- Mounted Guns: As if over 80 weapons and utilities wasn’t already enough! A range of different gun types are placed around the landscape, allowing your warmongering worms to do even MORE damage!
- Online Multiplayer and Great Single Player: Create havoc online in ranked or friendly multiplayer modes, with room for up to 6 players and 8 worms each on a map! There’s also plenty for the solo player to do – Worms W.M.D comes locked and loaded with a huge arsenal of Training Missions, Campaign Missions, and Challenges.